Friday, June 13, 2008

How Pride & Money DON'T Mix

How Pride & Money DON'T Mix

Here's the point of this blog...to help everyone get to their first million. We're not interested 'get rich in 30 days' rubbish. Can it happen? Yes. Does it happen by you signing up for some affiliate program...No, most likely

it won't.

Here's our story...
We once had a large home in a nice neighborhood on the bench. We were making a lot of money, I had my own business, free time, vacations in Greece & Costa Rica. We could afford to do whatever we wanted; we had the best of the American Dream....& then the bottom fell out from under us.
My business partner quit & left me with a ton of debt causing a domino effect.

We burned through our equity, my business went up & down, our investments died, all sources of income stopped.
We were once 'the family' in our ward; we had it all. As it began to unravel, I had to uproot & move my family. With 3 little children & a wife 9 months pregnant, we were forced to sell our dream home and move into a rundown area of town into a home filled with black mold & possibly meth fumes.
After unpacking, we only stayed in the house for one night; the mold & chemicals nearly causing us to black out.
Once again, I packed up my family & had to move into my wifes parents home to sleep on the floor or couch. Our family of 6 crowded into a home with five already there. We only stayed for a month & then moved again into a 70 year old, 1600 square foot rental home owned by one of my wife's high school friends.
There I was, 40 years old, with a dead end job & no prospects; having only made about $3000 dollars in 6 months, a family to support; how in the world had this happened to us?

In a word...PRIDE. Complete, evil Pride.

We had grown prideful of the trappings of our 'success.' It was very intoxicating to realize that I made more in one month than most people made in the entire year. Slowly, with little perception, this pride led to seeing others in a different light. I had the outward appearance of a good person but, deep inside I was prideful.

Pride I found leads to Fear. Fear feeds pride but, pride is a insatiable beast that can never be sated & will eventually will bring about complete failure. I was deeply afraid that the money would run out, and it did. This fear led to our downfall.

During the downfall, I found myself sitting in a cubicle surrounded by 90 other salesmen who were 25 years my junior, working 60 hours a week at a commission only job when I had once owned my own company was crushing to my soul but, very, very therapeutic.
I had a lot of time to think & reflect on what had happened in the last 12 months. I did a lot of fasting & repenting; I changed.
At this time (perhaps out of desperation) I began to get into success literature: Anthony Robbins, T. Harv Eker, Napoleon Hill, James Arthur Ray et al & I realized, "I did this to myself!' I'm 100% responsible for my life & no one else." We lost it all because of pride, fear & doubt.

I want others to learn from our mistakes & see us climb back out of this. I have also established a discussion forum where I want everyone to come & discuss how they are working to earn their first million & I want to invite our team to join in the discussion:
http://groups.google.com/group /millionaire-mind-set?hl=en

Our discussion group is dedicated to helping everyone reach their first million but first, everyone needs to change their thinking down to their DNA to get themselves in the mindset to be a millionaire. Having had a lot & lost it all, I can directly testify that you must be able to first be a thousandaire before you can be trusted with a million & be a millionaire.

We want everyone to come & join the discussion. We have a STRICT 'no spam' policy & I moderate all messages to make sure that we're always on task & not discussing ' rubbish.

So, please invite anyone who wants to discuss how we can help one another become successful from the inside out.

Cheers,

Darrell

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Darrell, I love what you are doing with your blog. Excellent idea. After attending T Harv Eker's Millionaire Mind Intensive seminar in Ft. Lauderdale last November I decided to start a meetup.com Millionaire Mind group and most of us are all working on our first million.

I lot of positive things have come into my life since I started using the techniques taught at the MMI seminar and the Secrets of the Millionaire Mind book.

Hope to stay in touch with such a brave and courageous person like yourself and hope to meet you in person some day.

We are in Tampa, Florida so if you are ever in the area let me know.

You Have a Millionaire Mind!!!

Unknown said...

Juan, thanks for the comment. Yes, T. Harv Eker's work is amazing. I love how he tells it how it is. I would love to talk to you more about T. Harv Eker's work & about your group but, you didn't leave any contact info!

Unknown said...

Hi Darrell, my contact info is 813-476-2379 cell phone and my email is juanmvelasco@verizon.net

Let's saty in touch, this coming Saturday is our monthly Millionaire Mind meeting.