Saturday, October 13, 2007

Wealth Principle: Thoughts lead to Feelings, Feelings lead to actions, Actions lead to results

"Your financial blueprint consists of a combination of your thoughts, feelings, & actions in the area of money." --T. Harv Eker

As a child we were each taught how to feel about money & wealth. You & I were taught a certain mindset about how to either financially create or destroy ourselves. These teachings became our conditioning, which automatically became our responses during our lives when we deal with money.

Here's an interesting question to pose to yourself.....
"Where did my thoughts concerning money & wealth come from? Why do I think differently from the next person, my friends or even, family members?"

My father was raised as one of 14 children of a crop sharer. He & his siblings grew up in the post-Depression era. Due to this national mentality about money they too became scarce in their thinking.
Their scarcity continues to this day both personally & with their children. My cousins live on welfare, church charity & on asking others for help; it's always "The Man's" fault; they are never personally responsible for their situations.
Finally, my father & two other brothers actually broke free of this financial deathgrip.

Your thoughts originate in what's called "hidden programs" that run in your mind sub-consciously; do these thoughts or phrases sound familiar?

"What am I made of money?"
"Do you think money grows on trees?"
'We can't afford that!"
"I can't seem to get a break financially."
Etc., etc., etc.,

I remember hearing that we couldn't afford things, we were strapped financially. Even now you can still hear someone saying, 'Wow, that's expensive!'

All these phrases are negative financial phrases that repel financial success thus, the following model presents itself:

P->T->F->A=R

Programming (good or bad) leads to Thoughts which lead to Feelings that create Actions that equal Results.

How does this manifest in our lives or, in my case in my life?

I was raised with a scarcity mentality; we didn't know anyone in family that had ever been wealthy. I attended a high school in the northwest Houston area that had kids who would drive up in Porches & BMW's & park next to kids who were in beat-up farm trucks or, even worse walked or rode the bus because their families were too poor to afford a car.
We had families in our school district that had 10 to 15 bedroom homes on the Raveneaux Golf Club course & not 10 minute drive from there kids living in corrigated tin shanty hovels with old couches on the porch.

I was the son of a blue collar mechanic who had left school in the 10th grade. I had never heard of entreprenuerism, or the difference between working for a living or creating multiple streams of income.

My programming ran deep & was hard wired into my psyche; we were a middle-class, blue collar family & dad had to work a lot of overtime to make whatever money we had. To my parents credit, we were all told that when we went college not if we went to college things would improve as we learned to help ourselves.

My mothers family was similar. My grandmother was from England but, had been brought over by my grandfather after WWII. He was also was the son of a poor East Texas farmer. My grandfather had a 3rd grade education & drove a fuel truck through the backwoods of East Texas.
Growing up, for a time, my mother & her family lived in a log cabin in the woods. Needless to say, money for them & later, my mother was always a factor.

Fast forward to my life & marriage.

When we married, I lived in an 100 year old home with some buddies, sleeping on the floor with some blankets, two bikes, some books, my computer & I had $500 dolllars in the bank. My wife by contrast, because of my wifes family situation had been supporting herself financially since she was 8 years old by making pies, baby-sitting & cleaning. When we married she had paid cash for all her cars, had traveled & lived in Israel, Mexico & Canada. She had stocks & investments; she had broke out of the grasp of her upbringing but, I was still a slave to the programming of my family.

No comments: