Wednesday, September 12, 2007

WEALTH PRINCPLE: Money is a result of your thoughts

WEALTH PRINCIPLE: If I want to change the fruits, I will first have to change the roots. If I want to change the visible, I must first change the invisible.

Donald Trump, Robert Kiyosaki, Robert G. Allen, Stephen Cooper....etc, etc. who are they? How did they become the 'gurus' of making it rich?

It's is completely based on all of them having a Millionaire Mind. They have mastered the mental game of wealth & the fruits can easily be seen.

This blog is a personal journey of re-discovery. Several years ago I was making $70,000 dollars a month...yes...you read that correctly...$70,000 dollars a month. I was on course to make over $800,000 dollars a year then it was all taken away from me. WHY? Because of my fears, my pride & my attitude.

How can someone be on course to becoming a millionaire & then lose it? My mind set. I didn't have a millionaire mind. Yes, I was making money but, I secretly feared losing the money.

"What if I lose all this money?"

"What about how to secure this somehow so I don't have it taken away from me?"

Notice a pattern? FEAR

How can fear cause you to lose your money? 'As a Man Thinketh In His Heart, So Is He.' You become what you think about. Though I was making great money, I was consumed by fear & pride, led to my losing my stream of income.

How this has affected my lifestyle
Until recently I lived in a spacious two-story 3800 square foot home that had a fully finished basement, two kitchens, 5 bedrooms, 3 full baths & 1 half bath. It was a beautiful home complete with faux painted interior, a nice rocked lawn & set in the foothills of the Wasatch Mountains.

Our lifestyle afforded us trips to Europe to hang out in Greece. I traveled to Australia & hiked in the Outback. We went to the Caribbean on a cruise. It as a fairy tale life.

Then it all unraveled.

When our investments stopped paying we kept on playing. We began to live on the equity in our home--STUPID.

We still acted as if we had the money but we were living a lie. At that time I had never read Robert Kiyosaki's 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad.' I had a vague idea of financial planning but, at the time I felt that we were bullet-proof; we were making gangster cash & living it up....what could happen to us?

After about two years of living this way we reached a crisis. The home equity was drying up fast. I needed to go & look for a J.O.B. I hadn't worked for anyone for nearly 3 years & I dreaded the thought.

A friend of mine was the CEO of local business that serviced the ultra rich & wealthy & he needed someone to take over the marketing & sales of his company with the caveat that I was to be groomed to eventually take over the company so that he could move on to other ventures. I would be set.
I took the job & within a few months had won contracts & bids that equaled nearly $1.9 million dollars! But, this was too little too late.

The company was nearly $4 million dollars in debt & they couldn't afford to keep me so, after 6 months I was unemployed AGAIN. I looked around for something, I needed to get something. I heard of another company doing sales. I had been in sales for nearly 15 years, I would knock it out of the park.
I began to work & started seeing success but, it was up & down...typical sales.

So, now to the present....I'm still there.

This blog will be a moving journey of my climb back to success. I invite you to journey with me as I re-create myself & move back on track to earning a million dollars.

No comments: